About Me

My photo
hey whats up? i'm rachel. i'm a freshman and i love to go shopping, sing in our amazing youth band, and hang out with my friends

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9-11 :(

my friend told me to remember what had happened 6 years ago. blindly and without thinking i said "what happened 6 years ago?" he told me to tell him the date of the next day and i was like "no way!!!" has it been 6 years? it seems like yesterday that i was sitting in disbelief watching the 2nd plane it the towers. YOU GUYS! as americans we should NEVER forget the things like this. and although i hadn't forgotten the event i felt terrible that i didn't realize how blind i was being. 6 years ago, the towers fell and i continued to live exactly the same way as i normally had. but u know what? some people's lives were dramatically altered! i'm sorry to those who lost loved ones that tragic day. i am praying for you. my worst fear is to lose someone i love. you who didn't lose someone: we need to remember how the terrorists were trying to rip our country apart and how they brought us to our knees and unified us that day. my dad said he remembers that night as the darkest night. and you know what? it was.

we have to remember you guys. this is what our children will learn about in history just as we have learned about wars and the depression and what not. the wars and things seem bad to us but we didn't live through them. we lived through this. now we know how our grandparents felt.

>something to think about<

3 comments:

♥Heather Monkey♥ said...

that was a very sad day

rAcHeL said...

hey i remember that day so well.
that story about me forgetting about what day it was is totally true
i felt so bad
i am sorry to those who relive that terrible day every time they think about that day and their loved one

Brooke said...

it was a sad day and i kinda can't forget it because it's my birthday. that american idol girl on the second video sucked so bad. i can't believe how bad she was. i bet all of her friends were deaf, tone deaf, or they were lying to her about her havin a great voice. that was horrible. lol

me and my sissy

me and my sissy

a little bit longer

a little bit longer
i love love love this pic of joe (and the CD cover)